Friday, March 19, 2010

hi gang!

long time no post....and you would think i'd have some things to write about, non? :)


in fact i do. i have the sweetest, most beautiful little princess...she has a proud momma. i stare at her and can't believe i get to keep her. can't believe she is a little of me and a little of her daddy (but more of me!).


but as some of you know, because she was eight weeks early she is still in the nicu and will be until most likely her due date in mid april. i get to see her whenever i want and go twice most days. and even though i know she is mine...i'm pumping and taking her milk...i bought her her own outfits (even though the hospital supplies cute stuff) just so i could do her laundry...i decorate her bulletin board in her nicu room and bring up snacks for the nurses....i do all these things to feel half way normal. something about not having her home makes me feel guilty. i've got my feet up watching reality tv and most new moms are pacing the house with their baby....right? but don't get me wrong. she is getting tremendous care. is thriving in the nicu. is doing just what all the other early babies in the world have to do. and she will be home soon.


i say all his to say....i don't feel normal just yet. my life still seems to be suspended a bit. but when things feel a bit more like they should i'll write again.


but i do feel immensely happy. immensely lucky. i can't wait to tell you all about her.


love.love.


2 comments:

  1. I can definitely understand you feeling your life is suspended, on a holding pattern. But in no time you will be pacing the house with your precious little one! And you have plenty of time to do so. :) I'm so happy FOR you! I'm really glad Natalie is doing so well and growing so "big"! I love seeing all the pictures of her, and really can't wait to meet her. And can't wait to see you again, too! Let me know if you need anything... really. Just give me a call. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious! I hope Russell and I get to meet her when we visit in June. Russell is always running and showing me pics of her you've posted on facebook. I think he's smitten by her as much as I am! :)

    ReplyDelete