if you have access to streaming on your computer, check this out today:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=100411956
npr has a streaming mix up, like a million song (maybe 50+) of fun, up beat and some lovie songs called "the make-out mix." listen if you have time. the simple act of having it on in the background has made me finally appreciate jeff buckley's "hallelujah."
what song(s) are you singing along to today?
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So, this last weekend I drove to Memphis with 2 other girls for an audition conference. We had to leave after our show on Saturday night so we were driving all through the night and got to Memphis as the sun was rising. As much as I hate to admit it, what got us through the final 3 hours was Liza Minelli Live From Radio City Music Hall. Yes, she's crazy, soaked in alcohol and totally a cliche. But the woman is talented and can entertain like no other. Highlights: Her cover of John Lennon's Imagine complete with a Vienna Boys Choir accompaniment. The lyric: "I may be 84, but I feel like 69", and yes Virginia, she means exactly what it sounds like. For a beautiful and absolutely touching song check out "Sorry I Asked". It's on Itunes. Trust me.
ReplyDeleteA-Mazing.
ReplyDeleteI am loving the makeout mix. lots.
ReplyDeleteHallelujah,
ReplyDeleteI have some very found memories of making out to that very song....with my pillow.