is your heart on the right side of your chest? something on the right side of my chest just melted. down my arm. and i might have teared up? you done good, spike.
This could go either way, considering the book only takes about 2 minutes to read. Hopefully Maurice Sendak is involved in this in some way. The trailer is badass, though.
Ok, so this is what just happened to me. The beginning of the trailer gave me a goose bump..that then turned into many goose bumps and the more I looked at the monsters my goose bumps all died because I realized that these monsters bear a striking resemblence to those huge giants that lived just outside of fraggle rock and wore crowns. those MF's scare the crap out of me..but I love this book too. I just don't think I am going to be able to see the movie. Too bad.
It took me 5 minutes and change, so I guess that makes me...challenged. Watching that trailer brought literal tears to my eyes...I have some fond memories related to that book...
I would watch that movie in the rain, I would watch that movie on a plane, I would watch that movie anywhere, even if the monsters don't have hair...
Love. Epic. Cannot wait.
ReplyDeleteThis could go either way, considering the book only takes about 2 minutes to read. Hopefully Maurice Sendak is involved in this in some way. The trailer is badass, though.
ReplyDeleteit took me 3 minutes to read. i'm....challenged.
ReplyDeleteOk, so this is what just happened to me. The beginning of the trailer gave me a goose bump..that then turned into many goose bumps and the more I looked at the monsters my goose bumps all died because I realized that these monsters bear a striking resemblence to those huge giants that lived just outside of fraggle rock and wore crowns. those MF's scare the crap out of me..but I love this book too. I just don't think I am going to be able to see the movie. Too bad.
ReplyDeleteEveryone under the age of 50 loves this book. The movie better do it up right.
ReplyDelete@harper: Apparently Spike Jonze and Dave Eggers consulted heavily with Maurice Sendak when writing the screenplay and making the movie.
It took me 5 minutes and change, so I guess that makes me...challenged. Watching that trailer brought literal tears to my eyes...I have some fond memories related to that book...
ReplyDeleteI would watch that movie in the rain, I would watch that movie on a plane, I would watch that movie anywhere, even if the monsters don't have hair...
Oh wait, that's Dr. Suess. Shit!