i went through boxes of stuff a few weekends back. apparently in high school i wanted to write for a magazine. or teach. i'm sure i changed my mind 50 times. and doesn't everyone want to open a coffee shop or a record store? hellz yeah. about two years ago i highly considered becoming a nutritionist.
now that i've actually been a few places and done a few things i think i have some perspective. i know i can't write well. i still wouldn't mind teaching but don't want to go back to school.
so what would i do...today i think event planning would be fun. wouldn't want to run my own place. just help out. scout locations. plan fun stuff. maybe down the road i can take my pr skills and use them to make brides and birthday girls happy.
what about you?

I know it sounds like a lame answer but I would be doing what I'm already doing! Well, I guess I would add having a storefront for the baubles and having a full time teaching position where I'm already at. I always wanted to travel for a living so you could throw some of that in there too :)
ReplyDeleteI would be running Two Chairs. I've heard lots of people suggest lots of accoutrements - my friend Jess wants to open a ceramics studio next door so I can source her mugs and stuff -- tagline, "If you like your mug, buy it!"
ReplyDeleteLaura made noise about opening a used book store to attach itself to 2C. My friend Erin thought about opening a studio/store where she and her sister made furniture out of reclaimed materials. Steele wants to do something involving brewing.
And I know that none of them will ever come through. In the end, it will be me. Two Chairs. Jesse by my side.
When I was little every career I wanted to pursue was geared toward making people feel better. Hairdresser, novelist, children's book author, english teacher, masseuse, therapist.
In the end, they were all leading me to Two Chairs. That's how I'll make people feel better. Coffee and cookies, macaroni & cheese, sandwiches, a bit of roast chicken, or a salad.
I guess it's all I've ever actually wanted to do.
If not interior design, I always thought I would teach kindergarten or 1st grade... then I got to hang around m-man and his classmates. Now i'm not so sure about that! :) but definitely would love to be a photographer.
ReplyDeleteShoulda been a freakin doctor, since i've been in school 8 years now!
ReplyDeleteIf not anything medical related, I would choose (duh) being a writer or a photographer. I would love both of those!