
typing...hard...when...injured
the hubs and i made a pizza. there was a recipe for crust on the back of the whole wheat flour box. and i had some sauce. and some cheese. and some garlic. and some zucchini. and some chicken. so hubs (past pizza dough tosser) worked on the crust (which was ADORABLE) and i worked on toppings. i have a shitty cheese grater and managed to grate my knuckles TWICE. please buy me a new one? a proper box grater? though dripping blood i persevered. the pizza looks great (still baking). and i had to ask harpstar "can i be your bloody valentine?" GROAN. i'd include picts but i love you too much.
i'm sort of nervous about cooking saturday. i'll stash a frozen pizza just in case. red baron....or tombstone....red baron....or tombstone. ah! i have so much anxiety over decision making. it's a wonder i get myself dressed each day.
you should probably share a laugh. what was funny today?
besos.

Jesse stomped me in Scrabble tonight. He got like, 67 bazillion points on his second word. That's not the funny part.
ReplyDeleteThe funny part is that IMMEDIATELY BEFORE we played, he was lamenting how bad he is at word games.
Rueful laughter is allowed, yes?
Also... your poor knuckles. My scarred knuckles sympathize. Because my box grater loves nothing more than to grate my knuckles. Srsly.
I once wrote a story for an OSU class about a man with a wicked itch who uses a cheese grater to scratch it. Eventually he removes his man parts with said grater. Yeah, it was a big hit in class.
ReplyDeleteAs for funny today, me trying to get away with using my starbucks discount twenty minutes ago. Apparently starbucks is quick to turn that stuff off. The barista misunderstood me, thinking I said I started a week ago instead of quit a week ago. So he used his numbers to give me a discount and then asked what store I work at. I told him the PA store address and then lied a little, saying I was just visiting Tulsa. I don't think I did a very good job.
I took a vacation day today after spending all weekend at the comic con. Played Rock Band by myself and cleaned house all day, except the part where I accidentally took a nap for three hours.
ReplyDeleteNot so much funny-ha-ha as funny-sad.
OUCH! Your poor knuckles! Knuckle sores suck because they are so exposed and vulnerable! Careful there.
ReplyDeleteNot too many laughs today, I don't think. (Isn't that sad?! They say kids laugh 400 times a day - how does it go from 400 to 0 so quickly?!?) But at dinner we were talking about my little sister making some changes recently and becoming a bit more responsible (finally at age 19!). M-Man said "I think we have a new Flo! ANNNNND... Pierce has 2 four-wheelers." How these are related - I have no idea! But it did get a few chuckles.
I'm sure your cooking will be fabulous, as I remember it always was! Take care of my hubby on V-Day for me, though!
Although Tombstone and Red Baron are both good choices I urge you to try Whole Foods pizza's. I do not exaggerate when I state 'it is the best pizza i have ever had'. But I don't like pizza so I am a poor judge of what is good quality pizza.
ReplyDeleteAs for funny...het hem..this is actually my mom's story but it's what made me laugh today. My mom (3rd grade teacher) was on recess duty when a couple of 4 year olds (from the preschool for low income families) came up to her. One of them had a lady bug in his hand and said (in the cutest voice ever) "look it's a lady bug" My mom enthusiastically replied "it sure is...do you know the lady bug song?" 4 year-old "No". And the song began "Lady bug, lady bug, fly away home your house is on fire, your children are gone". My mom immediately realized that although it is a nursery rhyme it's kind of a morbid song to sing to little children. She looked up to see pure horror on the faces of her fellow teachers and this made her laugh herself into stitches. Maybe you had to be there to hear her the story. Oh and Pot Pot farted...that was pretty funny.