
so my adorable and intelligent (NOT FAIR!) cousin, brooke, mentioned my food musings. so did dawn (also adorbs and smart. i'm a lucky girl to know these ladies!). and i've been thinking, too.... is this blog the place for food ramblings?
it's taken me over 10 years to get to a point where food was nutritious, creative, and interesting (and sure, at times, soothing) and not just something that makes me fat or that i "deserve" as a "treat." so it's sort of a big deal i can talk about it. also, i come from food families. both my grandmothers are excellent cooks and always made sure their families were full and nourished even in the leanest of financial times. my mom also always cooked. even catered a few years. i don't think i had a birthday cake that wasn't made for me until i was 16 or 17. there was no need for me to cook, really, until i met harper (and i wasn't keen on his bologna and white bread diet). and since then i've really come in to my own learning more about nutrition and why flavors taste good together, using fresh foods and herbs. learning from others. and these are the reasons i like to give love and appreciation to those i love through food. and for me it is a source of creativity and order.
so poll: do my food ramblings need their own place? do i need a separate blog for them that you could read or not? have you been thinking "leah, SERIOUSLY, enough about the joys of farrell family breads and your love/hate relationship with risotto!" OR do you accept it as part of my life and interests and can tolerate it under "you should probably..."
because i really want to give you the recipe for this bomb ass white bean soup i made tonight and tell you the joy that was the cream cheese and raspberry goop i smeared on my french toast this morning.
thanks lovies! you should probably share your opinions....

Put your food postings wherever fits best for you. I love them, though they make me hungry as hell and remind me of your chocolate cake balls. (See now I'm craving carbs again!)
ReplyDeleteLet me just say that your food postings are inspiration and there have been more than a couple of times where Dawn and I have talked and the words, "I wish I could cook like Leah," were uttered by one or both of us.
I love your food ramblings. And your regular ramblings. And them all together.
ReplyDeleteI love to hear cooking stuff. All of your posts (including the food related ones) make up my friend Leah-who is the creator and subject of "You Should Probably" and the reason why I read the blog at all. So keep cooking and shopping and working and all your other stuff...I LOVE IT! AND YOU!!!
ReplyDeletethank you for the feedback, all. it really would be easier to keep all my mind garbles, food and others, here in one spot. obviously i've written a lot just since i've been back in town. but warning that i'm still feeling pouty and like hiding for a bit. first HUGE project at work later this week. goo!
ReplyDeleteI agree with all of the above.
ReplyDeleteIt's your blog, I say write what YOU want to write. Anyway, it doesn't matter if you split them up...I will just have to read them both!!
ReplyDelete:-)
Good luck on your project!
I'm all about your food ramblings being here. But I obviously like food blogs from my friends. So it's obvious where my opinion lies.
ReplyDelete