like lady gaga toldja to. and like i did in my car all over tulsa looking for manchega.
songs that made me happy-
bros- panda bear
boys- m.i.a.
grounds for divorce- elbow
ragged wood- fleet foxes
i know the list looks pretentious and / or lame depending on the sophistication level of your ear-- nay-- interest in general. i openly admit that 94% of the music i like i heard first on xm radio. it's a magnificent tool to find music, old or new. i can't say enough about it.
was it jesse or tony who said my music collection was lame. it was one of those boys. and i'll always remember it. and always agree. but like what you like, ya know? people will judge you. i'll judge you. but your very faves, they make you happy don't they.
you should probably tell me what music makes you shimmy shake these days.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It wasn't me. In fact, I remember defending your collection against your own judgment of lameness once in one of TU's parking lots when you drove me to my car and we sat and talked for an hour. And many other times since.
ReplyDeleteI don't know any of those songs. The songs that make me shake it are "Hips Don't Lie" and "Big Poppa" and "California Love".
ReplyDeleteSo I'm probably way lamer that you can even imagine being. don't lie. :)
I'm going with "One Love" Bob Marley because I've been so into his music lately, "Paper Planes" by M.I.A. and AYNTHING by my all time fav artist Ray LaMontagne. He is one the few people who, when you buy the whole album, enjoy every song!
ReplyDeletePS No way in hell you are even remotely lame!
FCO- maybe it was tony. maybe that's how tony communicates love. with insults? :) he did say i was fat and ugly. to my future husband. and i LOVE teasing him about it. i don't remember that....but i remember my pearl jam analogy while eating ice cream in sub freezing temps. do you?
ReplyDelete@ you should probably...: I do remember that. I remember lots of things about that time. Weirdly, since I tend to let memories fade.
ReplyDelete