Thursday, January 8, 2009
give yourself a hug
i felt like i deserved my job today.
it isn't that i'm anything special. but this position was very sought after. there was a massive round of hiring in spring that i was overlooked for. those candidates were all dropped. then a second round just as i was laid off from the tv station. i got some amazing strings pulled from some amazing people and was considered this time. it took four rounds of interviews. and i got it. that means a lot to me.
some days aren't so good. i feel in over my head. it's a new industry with new issues and new lingo. but essentially i know how to do my job. it's making my skills (talents, i hope) work where i am now.
today i felt like i deserved being the one. after all those rounds and all those people. nothing special. but i was asked to sit in on several projects. my opinion was sought. i put in my two cents and was praised. i landed two media stories. i was worn out by 3pm. and now i'm about to watch a positive story on my employer on a local tv station. heart.
so i give myself a hug today. and i want to give one to you.
i hope you give yourself hugs. that you have days when you think "i'm a great mom" or "i'm a kick ass driver." maybe "someone should pay me for this amazing oatmeal i made." or maybe you feel like you did a good job at your...job. these are tough times. and i refuse to be worried. i want to celebrate small victories.
so, you should probably give yourself a hug. leave me a note and let me know why.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I should probably give myself a hug for dropping the resolutions that I knew I wouldn't keep. The rest are so far, so good.
ReplyDeleteI'm giving myself a hug for making a bangin' pizza crust. Small victories indeed. :)
ReplyDeleteYou should feel good about landing that job and kicking butt at it!
ReplyDeleteI will give myself a hug today because I went against every fiber in my being and woke up in time to catch my "regular train"... when all I wanted was 20 more minutes and the "late train".
PS: Glad you're blogging againg!
I'm so proud of you! That's so awesome that 1. you got the job 2. you like the job 3. you are excelling in said job! The trifecta is complete!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could give myself more hugs - definitely an area where I can strive to be more like you!
thank you all! i will do more "hug yourselves" cause we deserves it, yo.
ReplyDelete