Tuesday, January 27, 2009

share your eats / celeb crushes / links


what, me? just roasting a red pepper.

i'm with harpstar, this day off business is DRAGGING by. feels just like a lazy saturday except with worse tv and the inability to drive for provisions. our morning cravings: donuts, soda, booze. alas...my morning soundtrack= dying zombies and boys giggling. apparently there are others home today.

the 1/2 tube of frozen cookie dough was finally put to use as a mid-morning snack. i had to work some more. a brief convo with a writer at the local paper. maybe another article this week? hope my boss hearts me.

food is the theme for today. and more cheese (see last post) in a grilled sandwich version is requested for lunch. i always need a little..."pop" with mine so i decided to roast a red pepper i had on hand for tomorrow night's turkey chili. some roasted rp on my sandwich for lunch and leftovers will go great in the chili me thinks instead of a topping. plus, all mushed up, harpstar will never know what nutritious yum hit him! boring chicken stir fry for dinner tonight. just chicken breasts (marinated in sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, s&p) chopped with a frozen veggie mix and brown rice. this is out of frugality joh, not a health conscious decision!

on two other food fronts, i'm planning my shopping list for the rock band extravaganza at my house. peeps are bringing stuff...but i always want to make too much. my current contribution list (hope to edit) will be alton's guac, bobby's mini burgs and martha's mac AKA "rock-amole", umm...mini burgers, and "mac n' cheese shots" served in individual portions. also making jello shots for funz. and sticking to cheap beer.

next, last night i was eating gp's turkey ragu while watching a re-run of 'spain...on the road again.' obsessed much? but it did inspire me to host a vicky cristina barcelona watch party in a week or so and serve tapas. i have a great tapas book and rarely use it but it all looks so cheesy, eggy, fishy and fried delish. tempranillo is in order. i may be the only guest. and maybe javier.

okay, okay....i spared you a few links. but you should probably tell me what foods you've been makin' or cravin', your celeb crush and include LOTS of links.

7 comments:

  1. Basically every time I leave hte house and head to a restaurant, I remember how happy I am that Salted Caramel was 08's darling. We went out tonight. I'm going to blog about it. But J. had a salted peanut, chocolate, and caramel tart. I'm craving that. Again. Even though my Meyer Lemon cheesecake was delish. mmmmm ....
    Celeb Crushes: Daniel Craig, Jon Rhys-Myers, Ewan McGregor, Jimmy Stewart, Clive Owen, Tom Brady, John Mayer.
    I don't know how to insert links into text. So:
    WE went here: http://zoerestaurant.com/page/1b26h/Upcoming_Events.html

    Scroll down to the dinner menu. That menu is my food crush. word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman, and Penelope Cruz.
    Also. Bring the tapas book for our Oscar party? Please??? :) If only we could bring Javier too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish! Yes, I'll bring the tapas book. Will test a few before I come up. And I'll give Javier a call. I mean it's the OSCARS. He's been to a few. He'd likely much rather hang with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who wouldn't rather hang with us??! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My celeb crush is John Krazinsky (that guy from The Office). I LOVE him!

    I'm really into apples and things you can dip them in right now...what a way to wreck a completely healthy treat, but oh well! I got a great cream cheese fruit dip that I love and also a chocolate/caramel sauce with crushed ferrero rocher candies on top. BONUS: after eating apples, your teeth will feel cleaner, even if they are covered in chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. brooke! ferrero rocher are my kryptonite! i love to buy the little sleeve of three and eat them over the course of an evening savoring each one. AH! and, what, 99 cents in the check out line?! move to tulsa to we can pig out and work out together!!!

    ReplyDelete