Tuesday, January 27, 2009

tell me what you do with a day off



home from work today with hot coffee and the last drops of aunty mary's homemade kahlua.

i'd planned to (and did) take home all my work and laptop home last night in case roads were bad. the ice was bad enough that they did cancel classes and more importantly closed the college which means i got to stay home guilt free. and maybe work free. it's 9am and no one has emailed.

it started with me doing the media closings at 4:30am. flipping through channels in my pjs to wind down. a brief nap with bowser then answering a few phone calls. okay. that was work. but none of these activities required me to leave the comfort of my pj pants.

just finished the last cheesy bites of my homemade egg and cheese muffin and plan to plant in front of the tv for the better part of the day. the neglected bathroom may nag me for a cleaning. maybe a load or two of laundry, but i don't mind. but i WILL NOT spend this day deep cleaning the house like i did when i was home on mlk day. nope. nothingness is in order.

you should probably tell me what you would do with one day off. 1-you can't leave the house due to hazardous road conditions. 2- you can't spend any money. okay, go!

5 comments:

  1. #1. Pull out the cookbooks, flip through, and update my "To cook" list -- cross out the ones I've done, write down the ones I want to do.

    #2. Find new food blogs. They're blogrolled all over the community and I never remember them once I find them.

    #3. Cook something that is slow-cooking and homey, and probably also bake a loaf of bread.

    #4. Presuming that it's too icy for EITHER of us to leave the house, snuggle. A lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would... awaken, extremely late. Go outside and enjoy the wintery landscape. Cook and eat some warm comfort food. Drink hot chocolate endlessly. Curl up with a blanket on the couch and read a great book. Play with Christian. Enjoy a hot bath. Count my many blessings and thank God for a day spent in leisure, at home, with the ones I love. The End.

    ReplyDelete
  3. joh- your list is a beaitiful thing! and brooke- boy, do you deserve such a day! i hope you can both do those things very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought on this a while, longer than I probably should have... and I was sad to find I couldn't think of ANYthing that sounded satisfying. I wanted to say that I would scrapbook, listen to some good music, clean and organize, bake some cookies, etc.
    But the truth is I'd probably lounge around in my pj's, falling in and out of sleep as the kids would allow while watching "The People's Court" (which i like, so i can't complain too much) all day long until I wasted a perfectly good snow day. But, in hindsight, I guess that isn't too bad if it means I'm not at work! :)

    ReplyDelete