compliment her! anything! from her hair looks nice to she looks like she's feeling well. don't lie...but even something like "what a cute top" or "great necklace" will make her day. and fellas, you may feel strange complimenting a pregnant lady but of all times to be able to get away with a compliment! what? you're hotass wife or girlfriend is going to get MAD if you say something nice to a frazzled, frumpy, fat preggo lady? if she's gone through it hopefully she'll understand. and if not...well, hopefully someone she knows has and she'll get it.
this pregnant lady has started expanding as of late. it's like some alarm went off two or three weeks back and each morning i'm not sure what will fit today. it's so strange not going in to your favorite stores, especially with all the cute holiday outfits, because things just won't close around your expanding body. and the thing is, even if you try on a large or extra large it doesn't matter. they aren't made for your rotund belly. they aren't long enough, don't lay right. and yet at this early time of expansion some maternity clothes, especially dresses, hang all wrong. you aren't big ENOUGH. what!?
i say all this to say i've had several nice compliments lately from co-workers, friends, my darling husband (who reminded me Heidi Klum has done this several times----there's nothing to be ashamed of!). and simple little things "you look nice today" or "how have you been? you look great!" go SO far.
we recall those nice things when we're standing in a pile of unsexy stretchy pants in a poorly lit dressing room while the teenager in the room next to us is telling a friend "the small feels too big. will you grab me an extra small?" bitch. i hope you get an STD, er, i mean...all the happiness in the world. :)
besos.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i bet your the most beautiful prego lady around!
ReplyDeleteawe, thank you KM! it's an odd thing, not having control over your expanding body. trying to still keep up the gym so i don't let my arms and ass go :) you inspire me!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! I'm so proud of you for still going to the gym. Awh shucks, and here I am inspired by YOU!
ReplyDeleteP.S. If not too creepy, I'd love to see some pregger pics!
Love it!
ReplyDeleteBrings back so many unpleasant memories that I wonder why I am trying to have a 3rd child.
Good luck and don't worry you will soon have your hot sexy body back and a cutie putie to boot!
You are always the MOST put together lady I know-pregger or not. You accessorize like a madwoman and make me feel ashamed of my lacking jewelry. I wanna see the baby bump! And I wanna see New Moon with you. :(
ReplyDeleteJust so we're clear, I haven't seen you in 9+ months, and I'm sure you're still the most gorgeous preggy lady I've ever seen. Also.... as soon as I get the book, you start getting brownies regularly. :)
ReplyDelete